May 14, 2009

What I think

So yesterday I was going to get around to the computer to write this, but I got side tracked. But I'm here now. So yesterday the big thing was(at Yahoo!, anyway) that a kid went to his girlfriend's prom and got suspended. That is the short version. Here is the fuller version. The Christian school he attends has a no dancing,hand-holding(unless your a kindergartner),or kissing set of rules. The guy (we'll call him Joe, because the guy seems so nondescript),Joe, was going to his girlfriend's prom that was at a public school. Obviously the prom involves dancing. So when the principal got wind of this he told Joe, "Joe if you do go you will be suspended." So Joe(the immature nucklehead that I think he is) went to the prom anyway. The school suspended him, and he has it in his head that he made the right decision. And for the icing on the cake he is suing the school.

Let me just tell you my ideas on this situation. Some of them are my personal beliefs, some are straight from the Bible.

  • My personal belief on dancing is that some is OK(like waltzing and square dancing), while others is wrong(like jumparound the room,bang your head against the wall). So I'm not sure what kind of dancing there was at this place,but depending on what kind of dancing they were doing,it could be either right or wrong. I'm inclined to think it was the second kind of dancing. Thus, wrong decision.
  • The principal tells him he will be suspended if he goes to this prom. Basically he is saying not to go. Joe goes anyway. That is outright disobedience to authority! You can hide around the excuse, "He didn't say not to do it.",because really he didn't say he could either.
  • In 1 Corinthians 6:7 it says,"The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?" In other words: suing is stupid. Stupid may be a mean word, but it descibes some people pretty well. Me included at some times.

So those are my veiws on the situation. If you have other thoughts let me know and leave a comment. PS Please vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Disagree entirely, The principal's power does not extend outside of school, and "outright disobedience to authority"? America as a country was created by people being disobedient to the British crown.
Of course he made the right decision.
He had someone he cared about and wanted to spend time with her, the bible NOT ONCE says dancing is wrong!
Any type, people can express and enjoy themselves how they like without your judgments