May 17, 2009

My Testimony(and my life after that)

So today I had to share my testimony with the deacons at TAB. And I thought, "I'll bet not too many of my pals probably know my testimony." And so in my ingenuity I have decided to share my testimony and what God did after that, because probably the coolest part of my life comes after my salvation. So here goes...ahem...
So I was raised in a Christian home. (My dad's a pastor and my mom is a pastor's wife(imagine that).) My mom was always was telling me about God, but as a three or four year-old I didn't give it a lot of thought. God really started working on my life one summer at VBS. Every day at the end of Bible time, the teacher(who happened to be the senior pastor's wife)gave the plan of salvation and asked if anyone wanted to accept Jesus into his/her heart. I thought a lot about that in my five year-old peanut butter brain. I thought about it even a week later. Then, one night after prayer meeting, my mom told me and my sister to clean our room(we shared a room at the time). So while I was picking up the toys scattered around the room, I was still thinking. I said to my mom(and I quote), "Mom, could you tell me more about that...Jesus thing?" My mom and I went into her bedroom, and she explained it to me again. And so that night(August 8,1999) I accepted Christ. That in itself is AWESOME! But to quote a wise man, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"
So after I got saved I went to a new believer class where I got taught 1 on 2(there was another boy in the class with me). We learned all about fruits of the Spirit and communion and baptism and cool stuff like that. When I first heard about baptism I was a little hesitant, because I couldn't swim. Years later after I came to Wyoming...NY(I just love doing that to people) I decided that I needed to be baptized. I must have been 9 or so when I got baptized. I don't remeber the date of my baptism or how old I was, but I do know that I was obeying Jesus in what I did.
So after that my spiritual life just sort of bumped along the road and not much really happened with me spiritually speaking. When I was 10 I reaffirmed my salvation.
The really cool part of my life happened after that. I started going to Lamoka Baptist Camp.(If you've never been there you are really missing out.) There I really grew closer to God. But that isn't the awsomest part. No, the awesomest part was when I went on a missions trip to Lamoka. There I really,really grew closer to God. I got to share the gospel. And if that wasn't enough I made some really godly friends. So that is my life in Christ.
(If you would like to share your testimony, email it to me and I will put it on my blog.
Thanks to all you few that voted on my poll. The answer is Taylor Mason. He is a really good Christian ventriloquist. By the way the other comedians are really good too, and you should really check them out.)

2 comments:

mexicobound said...

It's so awesome to see how you got saved! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Scott thanks for shareing this it is great tosee you growing spiritually.