May 12, 2009

Cool Quotes

So I came across this quote in literature class today.
"It is our business as readers of literature, to know what we like. It is our business as Christians, as well as readers, to know what we ought to like. T.S. Eliot
That made me think. Shouldn't this apply to everything we watch on TV or listen to. We should know what we ought to like and do that instead of reading/listening/watching the stuff we like that doesn't match up with Scripture.
My science teacher was talking about how he thought that listening to rock music was wrong. He said that rock music can damage your hearing. So if your body is the temple of the Lord, then you're ruining the temple of the Lord. Hmmm? Casting Crowns,for instance, doesn't always have blaring songs that make your ears bleed. But they're classified as a rock band. Does that mean that we shouldn't listen to that? Again, hmmm?
I was reading my Bible, and came across a very cool quote.
"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written." John21:25 ESV
I thought about that for a while. Wow! Our God is an awesome God!

No comments: