May 24, 2009

Pain in the Third Dimension

So yesterday was one of the most painful days in my life. Here's how it happened.
I was riding my scooter down the residential road called Westwood Knoll(or knolls I'm not sure which) when I hit something(or the front wheel went into a rut). I went flying 10 feet in the air(well maybe more like 2 feet) and the scooter launched me 5 yards (well maybe more like 5 feet). I put out my hands and took most of the injury on my right side. I was seriously hurt,but somehow I ran(as fast as a man in pain can) all the way up the hill in the front lawn and ran into my grandparent's house. They doctored me up, and with the help of bandaids I was okay...for a while.
I had seriously scraped up my right hand and right elbow. I also had minor scratches on my left hand, right side of my right knee, and my right ankle. But as I said before I was only okay for the moment. When I had fallen, I had landed and put all of my weight on my right hand. My right wrist acted like a shock absorber. Long story short I have a sprained wrist that caused me crazy bad pain all afternoon on Saturday. The pain was so bad I couldn't even the lightest of objescts with my right hand thus I was using my left hand for everything. You have no idea how hard it is to play computer games, brush your teeth,and eat with your left hand when you are a righty. I dare you to take the Feelin Lefty Challenge. Do everything with your left hand for one whole day(or if you are a lefty do everything with your right hand). Hopefully I will be able to play the piano write and such by Monday.

1 comment:

HIS daughter said...

OH SCOTT! I am so sorry! I will be praying that the pain goes away as soon as possible!
As for the Feelin Lefty challenge...I have tried it for 18 years and have absolutely no problem with it! ;) FOr me it would have to been the Feelin righty (?) Contest! lol
Seriosly, I am praying for you dude!