Apr 1, 2009

Cryptid of the month


What is a 'cryptid'? Simply put a cryptid is an animal that may or may not exist. The study of cryptids is called cyrptozoology. Every month I will post a new cryptid. I would really like to get feed back as to what you think.
AHOOL:
Monkey with wings, or bat. Covered in gray fur wing span of about 10 feet.
First reported in 1925 in Indonesia by Earnest Bartels, an ornithologist.
Evidence:
Near dusk Earnest Bartels heard a loud AHOOL,AHOOL in the Javan rainforrest. He went outside and saw an animal covered in fur with a huge wingspan.
YES: Earnest Bartels saw it
NO: North Javan Owls with a wingspan of 4 feet whick give a HOOH sound,it was at dusk(couldn't see well),panicked account(exaggeration).
Final Conclusion: Probably just an owl.

(Thanks for the picture,Andrew!)

9 comments:

Christianna said...

wow thats cool!

Anonymous said...

I think this blog post is an attempt at an April fools joke. A good job Scott.

Mr. BBB

Scott Paris said...

Nope real stuff Mr. BBB! No joke!

God's Student said...

"It is described as having a monkey/ape-like head with large dark eyes, large claws on its forearms (approximately the size of an infant), and a body covered in gray fur." ...each month? maybe periodically through out each month?

Scott Paris said...

Maybe more than each month. I really get into discovering the unknown and thinking about speculizing about what it could be.

Jac said...

Hmmm so what was the point of posting this? I am quite befuddled! BUt it is cool none the less!

God's Student said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I took that pic when I was in the Javan Rainforest for spring break.

God's Student said...

They are actually really nice, that was told me his name was Jacob, he gave us some food and stuff...they even have little stores..but I couldn't fir in any of them cause they are REALLY small and up pretty high...nice little village though. I might go back next year.

Scott Paris said...

Right...