Apr 5, 2009

Palm Sunday at TABernacle Baptist

Today was a pretty cool day. A lot of things(most of them cool) happened today.

  1. First off we had a Palm Sunday breakfast at church at 8:30. And bing the baptists that we are everyone brought good food and ate a ton.
  2. Oh yeah, today was my Dad's first sunday attending! That was cool.
  3. Bell chior played special music. It was awesome to listen to the bells sound and watch the people who played.
  4. We sang this hymn in church, and the words of the third verse really made me think. The words to the third verse of Love of God say:

Could we with ink the ocean fill and were the skie of parchment made,

Were every stalk on earth a quil and every man a scribe by trade,

To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry

Nor could the scroll contain the whole though stretched across the sky.

Wow! God is so incredible! The words we use to describe him don't even scratch the surface of what he is really like. That is the God we serve!

5. After church the bell chior ringleader(that was a feeble joke) asked my mom and I to be in the bell chior. And so starting April 28 I will be a dingaling(not that I'm not already)! I'll probably be ringing one of the bigger heavier bells(using my huge and athletic muscles(another joke:)).

All in all a pretty good day. And tonight I'll go to church again! And after that I'll go watch a Dickens movie(that guy writes some really confusing stuff)till late at night. Fun,Learning, and growing; that's my Sunday in a nutshell!

4 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Sounds like a great sunday :) Which dickens movie are you watching?

God's Student said...

I LOVE that hymn...prob one of my favorites.

Scott Paris said...

The movie is called Little Dorit. Just got to the part where the murderer has cornered the maid and then...............Join us next time for Masterpiece theater. Argh! The suspense is killing me!

Anonymous said...

Scott,
I love your love for hymns. You may note that this song is not a contemporary chorus (c.1917). I love more your love for God. I just spent some time this am thinking about forgiveness from sin. v1 says "...His erring child He reconciled and pardoned from his sin" Amen.
Dad