Mar 16, 2009

The Big Bad Burglar

This is a story about me. This is a true story. I woke up at 4:30 AM on Sunday mroning (3/15/09) I tried to go back to sleep. Then, I heard a noise. Tap...Tap...Tap...Tap. Then, I heard something outside walking on the driveway. Then, I heard a the tapping inside again. I listened to the the tapping for fifteen minutes before I got scared enough to make my move. Quietly I got out of bed went over to my shelf and pulled the best weapon off it I could think of: a trophy with a wooden end. Quietly, I opened the door a crack. I saw none in the entryway. I walked quietly to the stair and ran as fast as I could up them, around the turn and BANG! I ran into my parents' door. It was dark so I kind of missed it. I ran in to the bedroom and told them what happened. Turned out that the big bad burglar was the furnace under my room in the basement.

4 comments:

Jac said...

LOL LOL LOL...way wow Scott! I laughed hysterically when i read that! See, I knew your being the only person on the first floor would come in handy! I am so proud of you for protecting your family! That is awesome! :-)

COUNTRYWOMAN said...

LOL, a flashback to my childhood Scott. Same thing fooled me. Yup, the Bible does say "nothing new under the sun."

Christianna said...

HAHAHA wow... thats really funny! :D

God's Student said...

Crazz-EE-ness man! Yeah I have had my share of creepy sounds/shadows in the middle of the night experiences...there was this one when we lived on the farm...that every time i looked out this one window there was this shadow of a person looking in the window at me...and they keeps moving back and forth in front of the window...kinda like a cobra dances back and forth...i finally got enough guts to finally "confront" my midnight menace...turns out it was a top of a pine tree blowing in the wind...and the shadow was cast from the neighbor's porch light...scary pine tree porch light! Good times, good times.