Jun 19, 2009

Optical Illusions

So I was looking around on the internet(because I was bored) at optical illusions. I found a few that I had never seen before. I thought I would share them with you. (Please excuse the pointlessness of these things. Probably most of my posts will be like this,because I'm not really doing much of anything.)Here you see three circles and an outline of a triangle and...is that a white triangle there on top?


This picture I think is pretty self-explanatory. Pretty cool!



Here it looks like the man is getting whatever the seal has on his nose. But he's not. The seal and the area around him are part of a chalk street drawing.


At first glance this looks like the profile of a man. But if you cock your head to the right it reveals the word "Liar".

Look hard at the grid. Do the white dots appear to turn black at times?



Which to you see the head of a Native American or an Eskimo with his back turned to you?

This is pretty cool! The two pictures above are the same picture just turned right side up or right side down.

This is a lithograph by Escher. Which end is up?


Which do you see? A donkey or a seal?
This is the classic "which of the center cirles is bigger"?
The answer is they are the same size.
This is my favorite puzzle. When you change the pieces around there is a square missing. Wierd!
Hope you enjoy all this wierdness as much as I did!

3 comments:

Christianna said...

that last one is absolutely freaky!! i cant figure it out!!!

Scott Paris said...

You're not the only one! It drove Heather crazy when she first saw it.

~Amy Thomson~ said...

totally weird! The last one got me lost... :D