Jul 26, 2009

TLC 09

So all last week I was at TLC. Here's what happened...

  • Jaquie Von Sanden, Laura Bartholemew, Shelby Hill, Cassandra Pelton, Jordan Mcginnis, and Scott Paris(that's me) all went to TLC and roomed with some of the Yorkshire crew.
  • The college dorms were pretty nice, the food had a little to be desired, and the hang time with the other people was very cool.
  • The awesomest part was Worship/message time. I have never had so much fun worshiping God and learning about him!
  • We had 5 speakers for the 14 main sessions: Mel Walker, Dwight Peterson, Don Jackson, Mike Show, and Glenn Amos. The messages were awesome and I'm so glad that God let me learn so much about him.
  • God really convicted me about a lot of stuff. Mainly how I spend my time and how I talk to my siblings.
  • And we even had workshops after lunch! The two two day workshops that I went to were "Preparing NOW for Vocational Ministry" and "Using Sports to Reach People". They were both awesome! I really liked the Vocational ministry one, because I think(and have thought for a while) that God is calling me into ministry in some way.
  • So then like Friday night I got really sick and I have been feeling miserable. I had to stay home from church this morning whick I am really bummed about. If you could pray for my fast recovery that would be great!

And that was my very awesome week at TLC!

2 comments:

Christianna said...

cool beans! sounds like you had a good time! i was all bummed out about not getting to go, and in Sunday School tonight when everyone talked about what they learned, i found out that God was teaching me the same thing as he was teaching a lot of the ppl at TLC! so I see that God had reasons for keeping me here. God is awesome!

Scott Paris said...

Funny how God does that! Just goes to show how totally awesome he is!