Dec 13, 2009

Florida Trip 09 (Finally!)

OK, so I got back from Florida last Saturday, and I told myself that I would write about it soon. And soon ended up being now so here goes... Ahem.
We left my house at 5 o'clock AM ET. And traveled all day to Graham, NC to stay with the Wells family. I got the scoop on Mrs. and Heather Wells' trip to Honduras. Then, we left the next morning for Florida and got to my grandparents' home about dinner time. While we were there we enjoyed the hot tub and bikes and of course Thanksgiving the next day.
So on the Monday after Thanksgiving we went to Epcot in Orlando Florida. In my opinion, Epcot rivals Darien Lake. There was this really cool ride called Mission: Space.
Before you go on the ride you go into this room where you get briefed and it really feels like you're going to Mars. Then while this awesomely heroic music plays, you go to your positions and are given assignments and are told like three times that if you are prone to motion sickness caused by small enclosed dark spaces, spinning, or simulators you can go. And then when you pull the bar thing over your head, and the doors close, you launch. The G forces are incredible, and if I may say so they ROCK! Eventually, after tons of close calls you land on Mars and are super famous! That was probably the best part of the day, but there were other cool things like the countries of the world, the Test Drive Ride, Soarin', and the Christmas show.
But anyhow we left Florida Wednesday and arrived at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Stafford, VA near DC, at around 8 PM. Then, the next day we went to DC and saw all the monuments and the capital, which left us tired after walking a grand total of 6 miles. Then, the second day in DC we went to the Air and Space Museum and the American History Museum. We saw Lincoln's Hat and Spaceship One and the Ruby slippers (which I found out were fake,because someone stole the real ones) and Kermit the Frog and the Spirit of St, Louis and other cool stuff. And then, we got home the next day after slipping and sliding around through the mush on the roads, at 8 o'clock. I had a ton of fun!

A few days ago I put together a slide show of pics from my trip if you want to look at those. (They should be in the post just below this one.)

1 comment:

Christianna said...

Sounds like you had fun! :)