Aug 22, 2009

Lamoka Family Camp III

Here's the run down of my week at Camp Lamoka...

  • So my family and I were in cabin #8 and 9. There were only 8 families,but that was cool,because there wasn't as much wait for anything.
  • Monday night Chip Wood did a diagram on what faith is. He said it was, Hope in Hardship, Emptied of Everything, Walk Willing, Action Attitude, and Yeild to Yeild. If you take the first letters and put them backwards it spells YAWEH. Pretty cool!
  • Tuesday evening there was a ginormous thunderstorm. I was on the porch of the dining hall and I watched as the other shore disappeared. In 30 seconds the rain hit the camp. I was standing in the middle of the porch three feet away from the edge of the roof and I was still soaked. The wind was so strong it was hard to open the door to get into the dining hall. It reminded me of how powerful God is!
  • Wednesday my dad was the speaker for the day! He did two of the Mete Pete sermons, one of which I hadn't heard. So that was cool.
  • I'm a pretty good canoer(that's French for a person who goes canoeing). But I've never been to the end of Lamoka Lake. So my dad and I took out the camp canoe and went to the donut hole. (The donut hole used to be a sluice pipe that connected Waneta and Lamoka Lake. The pipe however has been replaced by a connector under a bridge.) So to get to the connector you have to paddle two miles. Needless to say when we got there I was pooped. And for a change of pace I said, "Dad? Could I steer?" Little did I know. So thirty five minutes later after making several 360 turns and runing into the banks once or twice we made it back. So I paddled 4 miles (roughly) in about an hour. Pretty fun.
  • Thursday I made a prediction that it would rain by 3 PM. And it did almost right to the minute. I guess I'm physic.
  • Friday Mr. Wood showed this awesome video from the Creation Museum about the universe and the stars. It was so humbling. I've never felt so insignificant. God is so big, super strong, and way mighty. There totally isn't anything he can't do!

And that is what I did at Camp Lamoka!

1 comment:

HIS daughter said...

Steering! :) Sounds like an awesome week! And Scott...you are physic...I just know it...how? Because I am too! Lol :)