Mar 31, 2010

Face of Jesus

So there has been a whole lot of talk about the face of Jesus. According to scientists they have discovered using the Shroud of Turin, which supposedly was wrapped around Jesus' face when he was in the tomb. This makes me ask some questions...
1. Why should I care what Jesus looks like?
2. Does the face of Jesus change my beliefs in him?
3. What do I do with this info?
One lady said exactly what I was thinking as I watched the TV interview on Yahoo! Just minutes ago. She said(and I quote) "It doesn't matter what Jesus looks like. It's what he did that counts." BOOM! Exactly! That lady, Christian or not, hit the preverial nail on the head. So to answer the questions above. It doesn't matter what he looks like. Number 2: No way! His face could be ugly and deformed,but he still would be my Savior. In answer to number three, just keep in mind that this is a big topic right now, and your friends might ask what you think about it. Who knows? God might use you and this topic to lead someone to Himself.

1 comment:

Pastor Mike Paris said...

Good analysis Scott. By the way the shroud of Turin has been around for a long time. I missed the news about the new twist. It's Easter time, and they think that they can get people all ratcheted up about a cloth instead of the fact the tomb was empty!